As the world of physical events shut down thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, many moved online to make the best of a bad situation.
And that is most definitely true of the most ambitious online conference we’ve seen to date. Not content with a one-day Zoom-based extravaganza, the creators of Virtual Blockchain Week have put together seven days of talks, online side-events, and the 3rd Annual Crypto Influencer Awards.
Virtual Blockchain Week will be hosted by Joel Comm and Travis Wright of The Bad Crypto Podcast, and the live stream content is available to attendee free of charge. The event begins today — April 26, 2020 — and runs until May 2, 2020, opening with the VIP Ticket Holder Pre-Party.
“While the threat of Coronavirus has led to the cancellation or postponement of our favorite blockchain events, we are fortunate to have an incredible community and the technology to create similar experiences on a global scale,” said Joel Comm, Co-founder of Virtual Blockchain Week. “We are dedicated to delivering a conference experience that delivers fantastic content in an interactive setting which sets a new high bar for all future virtual conferences.”
Thirty of the world’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency experts and commentators will be speaking during Virtual Blockchain Week, including
- Tim Draper: Venture Capitalist
- John McAfee: Entrepreneur, Innovator, and Presidential Candidate
- Changpeng Zhao: Co-Founder & CEO of Binance
- Roger Ver: Founder of Bitcoin.com
- Brittany Kaiser: Own Your Data Foundation
- Anthony Pompliano: Host of Off the Chain Podcast
- Charlie Shrem: Crypto OG, Entrepreneur
- G. Edward Griffin: Legendary author of “Creature from Jekyll Island”
- Caitlyn Long: Founder & CEO of Avanti Financial Group
- Samson Williams: FinTech Anthropologist
- Jennifer Greyson: Founder of the Blockchain Sisterhood
- Maureen Murat: Attorney, CoFounder of Axes & Eggs
- Cherie Aimee: Near-Death Survivor & Tech Leader
- Chris J. Snook: Chairman of the World Tokenomic Forum
- Peter McCormack: Host of What Bitcoin Did Podcast
- Mati Greenspan: Founder of Quantum Economics
- Alyze Sam: CEO of GiveNation, Author
- Oz Sultan: Founder at Sultan Interactive Group
- Miko Matsumura: Co-Founder at Evercoin, VC
- Rachel Wolfson: Enterprise Blockchain Journalist
- Sir John Hargrave: Author, Provocateur
- Lea Thompson: Founder of Girl Gone Crypto
- Mahbod Moghadam: Co-Founder of Everipedia
- Vesa Kivenin: Digital Artist
- Ryan Rodden: Founder of CastleCrypto.gg
- Joel Comm: Internet Pioneer, Co-Host of The Bad Crypto Podcast
- Travis Wright: Marketing Technology, Co-Host of The Bad Crypto Podcast
“In today’s world, you have to be nimble,” said Travis Wright, co-founder of Virtual Blockchain Week. “With many events around the world being canceled, we decided now would be the time to produce a global live stream experience with the top minds in the blockchain space. We are all ecstatic about creating an event unlike any other that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home or office.”
The event will conclude with the 3rd Annual Crypto Influencer Awards, with winners selected by the general public, produced by Adam Charles.
Virtual Blockchain Week is available without charge for attendees that want to view all the content via live-stream. In addition, a VIP experience — which includes speaker meet & greets, as well as a networking pre-party — is offered at a starting price of $97. Fifty percent of the proceeds from VIP ticket sales go to support COVID-19 non-profit relief efforts.
To see the full Virtual Blockchain Week lineup or to register, visit the event website.